Saturday, July 19, 2014

Red Stitching


Clearly (haha, since that's not a clear picture), I should buy myself a new camera and let my children have the old one.  They spent the day taking pictures of our new goats, and now here's the kind of picture I get!

By the time I get home tonight, we will also have five lambs.  I think we crossed the line into farm from big garden some time ago.  I only wish I knew more about what I was doing.  We sold out of almost all of our food at the farmer's market this morning, so I had an easy time loading up the van with the Assistant while DH went off to the animal auction.

I finished my row for the row quilt, on the right.  It's longer than this, but the blocks look the same!  I also finished all 8 sampler blocks but one is waiting on the ironing table.  There's been even more red stitching in between a commissioned quilt (it's really boring to run 96 flying geese through in one stretch, so I break it up into batches of 10), so I hope to whip out the remaining red blocks before next weekend.

I have now resorted to unplugging my machine and stashing it atop the fireplace since JoJo is getting smarter by the day.  He can now turn the machine on and off and run a foot pedal.

Check out other red projects that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  They never fail to inspire me.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on the little lambs. It is amazing that you are finding any time to sew at all. Good luck keeping the machine safe.

Edith said...

My dear Katie, you are busy! Love all your red blocks and I must say I like the hazy photo as well, kinda dreamy looking.

Deb A said...

You are amazing at what you get done! I guess I was lucky to have a sewing room I could close the door on and then put the kid proof handle to keep them out! Hope the machine stays safe and little fingers don't get hurt on the needle. Baby lambs.... sounds like you are growing quite a farm! Love the red block row - very pretty.

Nell's Quilts said...

Busy lady! How do you do it all? Great looking blocks.

Kate said...

The blocks look great, even if the picture is a bit fuzzy.

How you get so much done with the garden and all your kiddos amazes me. Hope your new strategy with the sewing machine works out.

KatieQ said...

It sounds like your JoJo is mechanically inclined. When my children were little, I had to put my machine on the top shelf of my closet. It was annoying at the time.
The blocks look great. Considering all you have going on, it's amazing you manage to sew at all.

Sheila said...

Cool red blocks!
New lambs! Sweet. Congratulations.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...