Friday, August 29, 2014

a Finish!

Here's a picture of half of it, as I don't have a clean floor anywhere in the house with enough space to spread out the entire quilt.


This queen size quilt finished at 88" square and is quilted on the diagonal along all the star points.  It has a dark green backing and a red star binding.  I'm not washing it until I know my SiL is ready to pick it up, as JoJo has a nasty habit of eating Nutella and wiping his hands (or face) on available quilts! (Golly, I love that boy.  He tries so hard to be helpful, and it's mildly funny that he fails so miserably!)

Most of the fabric is from my stash, but I did have to purchase the bright greens, as I had previously used up most of those (for the same SiL's daughter, my niece!).

I'm happy, happy, happy to have this done, as I have several more quilts to finish in the next six weeks!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the light green to complement the more Christmasy green and red. I have a Christmas project that I'll be beginning on in a couple weeks--two or three down the to-do list.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I love those stars. I have a star quilt on my to do list - hopefully soon! Your quilt is beautiful.

Kate said...

Beautiful quilt! Congrats on the finish!

Vicki W said...

It's really lovely!

Wendy said...

what a beautiful quilt, it actually looks like there are curves in the stars

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...