Saturday, August 30, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Green Edition

Blogger ate a nice post... bummer!

Anyway, in the good news section, let's hear about finding my camera.  Outside.  On a flight of stairs I rarely used.  I wonder which child tired of the camera and dropped it off there?  I'm so glad we found it before the rain instead of after, as it may not have survived!

More good news: I have seven of eight completed rows sewn together for Bear Cub Q's "big boy" quilt.  With only orange and brown to go, I love how it's shaping up!


 And since the camera is back in my possession, I snapped a shot of my eight bright green blocks.  Since I only need eight more for my selected layout, once September is over, I should be ready to assemble these into a flimsy.


Since next month will mean one last row for my Carrie Nation quilt, I'm hopeful it will be a flimsy by October, just in time to be stalled out by the arrival of a new baby... unless the baby's late.  Since most of my babies have been late, let's just assume I'll be sewing until late October.

Be sure to check out all the awesome green projects that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge each weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Planing on a late arrival is one sure way to make the baby come early. Hope it all works out though, cause sewing after the arrival will get a little harder for sure.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love love the strip quilt. It would also work great for a RSC quilt!

Kate said...

The row by row quilt is coming along beautifully.

You've managed to keep your energy level up, by this time in my pregnancy, I only wanted to sleep!

Jo said...

I'm liking your row quilt. Lovely colour placement

Nell's Quilts said...

Yeah! The camera's found. The big boy quilt is well on the way to being a finished project.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on the greens this month!

Edith said...

So many pretty quilty things here Katie, glad you found the camera.

Angie said...

The row quilt is such a great idea and I love the blocks you've chosen!

Sheila said...

Love your blocks and ROW quilt. Most excellent idea for a rainbow challenge.

Cathy said...

Your big boy quilt is gorgeous.
Glad the misadventures of the camera have come to an end! Happy birthing whenever that will be.

Deb A said...

So many projects you are making progress on! Love the row by row quilt. I don't know how you do it - I was always exhausted by the 8th month with both of them. I was expecting my second to be early like her brother (38 weeks) but she held off until 41. Hope your new little one comes out when you are ready (and all the projects you want done are done =).

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...