Monday, September 1, 2014

Tell It to the Stars: August

I'm in love.  I thought these setting triangles were pretty crazy-looking, but they went together without a hitch and I am thrilled with the "guesstimate" I hung on my design wall.


I saw we will be adding sashing and assembling for the next two months.  This is perfect for me, as I can work ahead and have it done (God willing) before Miss G makes her appearance!  That will leave me borders.  I usually hate borders and skip them whenever possible, but that's partly why I love to follow Judy's mysteries: they have great borders, and I don't have to figure them out!

This quilt will end up on our bed, since I have one queen sized quilt that fits for winter and in the summer, we use a full sized quilt that doesn't quite fit.  Oddly enough, both are Judy Laquidara designs.  We need two quilts, as evidenced by the fact that JoJo smashed an egg on DH Sunday... In our bed...  While poor DH was sleeping... On DH's side so it nailed the quilt and sheets... Oh, JoJo, I do love you!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Julie in GA said...

So pretty! I love your fabrics/colors.

Kate said...

Your version is going to be absolutely stunning. Love the color palette!

Poor DH. JoJo sounds like quite the handful. How do you maintain any sense of sanity?

Millie said...

Oh, what a baby: how soon are you getting the locks on that fridge? The new quilt reminds me of my un-baby quilt. I love it.

dorothy said...

Love your color combo! Good luck with the kiddos.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...