Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Goals (or Foolish Hopes!)

11 days to my due date, and since I'll probably be induced on the 13th, that's a pretty hard and fast deadline.  Has such a deadline stopped me from making a ridiculous list of things to do?  Of course not.  At least most of the goals aren't really that hefty.

First, I should recap September.

1.  I completed the September/October goal for Tell it To the Stars, getting my blocks into a flimsy-sans-borders.

2.  I cut orange scraps, sewed them into smaller blocks, Carrie Nation blocks, and a row for the row quilt.  I also laid out all my 9s and 6s, then tucked them away for another day.

3.  I (gasp) completed the DWR quilt that has been on every goal list and UFO and project list for several years.  And, for the most part, it's actually done right and the way I wanted it completed.

4.  I completed Back to Square One, Judy Laquidara's mystery for last year, washed it, and gifted it to my best friend from high school.

Happy, happy, happy.

October's goals aren't too intense, but they are lengthy.

1.  Tame the scrap bags I found hidden away last month.  I want all my scraps in my scrap boxes so I will USE them!

2.  Tell it to the Stars was completed in September.

3.  Scraps:
- the last row for the row quilt for my son
- cut scraps from my browns, blacks, and greys (which I did yesterday!)
- finish my Carrie Nation quilt (I'm on the binding)
- baste the sampler top.  Since this requires piecing batting scraps, it's a bigger project than I think!
- sew my 1.5" brown, grey, and black strips into 16 patches (new!)
- sew my leftover triangles into bits for my Omigosh quilt and for a scrappy triangle quilt (new!)
- sew my 2.5" strips into patches for a zig zag quilt (also new!)
Yes, I'm starting new quilts. I have all my block sets done for this year's quilts, so I may as well start on next year's!

4.  Get an ABC quilt to the top stage for a customer.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Do you ever just rest? Maybe you should add a goal to get a little R&R in before baby arrives!

Kate said...

Hope you have a successful October on all fronts. You are definitely going to be a busy gal.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...