Saturday, November 22, 2014

Scrappy Happy Saturday

I've been sewing away this week, but most of it has been stitch-in-the-ditch for an ABC quilt (more on that in another post).  I do so dislike stitch in the ditch quilting (probably because I'm not very good at it).  The entire quilt is quilted and binding ready to go, so next week should be a little less tedious.

I worked, in between, on my 16-patches.  Here are JoJo's, which I shall try to take from him when the quilt is ready to assemble.

The Assistant has been working on this lovely.  I'm hoping to convince her to sew all the pieces in to pairs by the end of Thanksgiving Break so I can work on the rows for her.

Be sure to check out all the other projects in blue this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

Ooh, and I have a crocheted hat giveaway on another post to celebrate my facebook page topping 200 likes!

10 comments:

Angie said...

What great colors in the Asssitant's project! It's wonderful that you have such handy helpers!

Kathy S. said...

Love your simple blues! The assistant picked out some yummy fabrics too. Have a great weekend.

Deb A said...

The kids have great Taste in colors! Glad you are getting some sewing time in.

Vicki W said...

I love the Assistant's palette. Do I spy some hand dyes in there?

scraphappy said...

So many happy projects in the works. So glad you are finding a little time to sew.

Nell's Quilts said...

It's nice to have an assistant or quilter in training. She's made some great choices. Sixteen patches have nice variety.

Kate said...

The Assistant has a wonderful sense of color. It's going to be bright and fun.

Teresa in Music City said...

I dislike SID quilting too - it's so hard to keep in that precise position in the ditch! Love all your squares blocks :)

Edith said...

Really like your blue and white sixteen patches. Stitch in the ditch is not easy, probably partly why I bought a long-arm quilting machine and love pantographs!

Cathy said...

JoJo and Assistant do nice work.

I usually miss the ditch when I try stitching in the ditch.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...