Saturday, December 20, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: odds and ends

I finished a stocking this week.  Whew!  I thought perhaps I had taken on a task beyond my ability, but while it is not as elegant as I might wish, it's none so bad.

I also finished the binding on the Assistant's quilt, washed it, and have it ready to gift after Christmas.    I blogged about it earlier in the week.

The cutting for the Carrie Nation quilt is complete, unless I end up missing a square here or there.  I guess it's time to start stitching!  The box is neatly packed, full to the brim, so I'm going to hide it before JoJo takes it upon himself to mix up the thousands of squares.

More 16-patches are in process as leaders and enders (and to keep me from getting bored).  I have a dozen or so done, and have maybe 6 more to do.
three more rows are waiting near the sewing machine

Finally, I've been pegging away at my 9s and 6s.  The top is in two large pieces and three rows left to join (brown).  I really love the way they're coming together.  I wasn't sure the color transition would flow nicely, and before blocks are joined it's always hard for me to tell.

This may be another block I'm not done with, although I'm not sure what color scheme I'd like to try next.  Once again, it's obvious that even my scrappy ends up organized by color.  Maybe the "neutral space" could be a color rather than cream/white.  Maybe I'll make another in blue or green.  Hmmm.  Any suggestions?

Be sure to check out the other scrappy rainbow quilts that are coming together this week!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Deb A said...

The stocking and quilt in the links are wonderful. Love the picture of the littles! Sounds like you have a plan for 2015..... good luck.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Those are some great projects. I love that cowboy boot stocking!

scraphappy said...

You have had a great week. So many great projects still in the works too.

Marly said...

Lovely quilt:the gradation of colour is superb, and all through such little squares too.
Happy Christmas to you and your family (nice photo!)

Kate said...

The color graduation works really well.

Sheila said...

Love your Christmas stocking and quilt. Looking forward to seeing your gradation quilt come together : )
You have been busy!

Cathy said...

Cute stocking. I need to make a few...I say that every year. Assistant's quilt turned out cute too. And that Carrie Nation is awesome.

Cathy Tomm said...

You have been busy and got lots done. Love the quilt.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...