Saturday, January 24, 2015

Better in Blue

Last weekend was rough with more sickness, but I never succumbed and the wee ones are much perkier now!  We also had stitches out, crowns placed, and a two-year old checkup to juggle.  Boy, howdy, when's my day off?  I'm ever so grateful for my mom during crazy weeks as she is (almost) always available to help.

I did manage a splendid sewing day with a friend/former student of DH.  She'll be getting married in June, and we're working on a rainbow Carrie Nation quilt.  With 48 blocks completed, we now have turquoise, black, grey, and lime green blocks done.  Wine red blocks are in the works.  I do so enjoy sewing with someone else.  It's nice to visit with another adult instead of only the kids all day.  (I do love to chat with the kids, but sometimes one likes to visit about things other than trains and magnetic blocks.)

My 16-patches have all made it to the half-block stage, and my zig zag quilt pieces are all cut and mostly sewn into pairs.  I'm not sure what the coming week will bring, but I hope to finish the 16-patches and maybe stitch together a row or two of the zig zag quilt.

We've started garden cleanup and preparation for spring.  It's coming, folks, much sooner than I will be ready!

I finally blogged about my blue baby quilt from the last few weeks!  I'm going to enjoy all the other blue projects as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

You have had a week! At least you managed some sewing time. Love all of your blues.

Scrappy quilter said...

So nice to hear the kids are much better now. And you did manage to get some sewing in. Great job!

Dasha said...

You got heaps done for someone with sick kiddies in the house! I didn't get much done and my kid is well and truly grown up - I'm the mum who goes to help out. LOL. Love the colours you have used

Kate said...

Glad you've stayed healthy and that everyone else is on the road to recovery. Looking forward to seeing all your blocks.

Sheila said...

Love your blue prints. Happy to hear that everyone is feeling better.

scraphappy said...

Sewing with a friend is a great chance to chat with grownups. Good for your mind as well as your sanity!

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...