Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pitiful Pinks

Yup, that's it for the week.  Five little blocks, and one not even pink.


Wouldn't you know, I have a story to tell!  Of course, it involves JoJo (do you ever wonder what my other kids do?  Obviously not cause crises in the house).

JoJo, my fourth child, is extremely inquisitive and nonverbal.  This combination is dangerous, as I can't always find him quickly when he is investigating the next possible "new thing."  He's had stitches, bruises, and so forth, most particularly around his eyes.  Yup, another (two, in fact) accident.

I still don't know how he managed, but he had a corneal abrasion.  I won't bore you with the drama of his eye, the screaming, the rush to find an optometrist still open at 5, and so forth, but let me tell you, getting eye drops in this boy is NO FUN.  Tuesday, I spent half my day holding him and Miss G, and the other half frantically trying to finish laundry, eat, etc., before he woke up screaming in misery.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, were all "rinse, repeat," with slightly less time spent holding him. His solution to the painful eye was to walk around with both eyes closed, crying, until I picked him up. Poor little bugger.  Friday evening, he fell again and raised a terrible bruise just under his other eye.  He now looks like he's been in a war.

I have been sewing the quadrants to my rainbow Carrie Nation blocks, but there's nothing interesting about four patches (lots and lots and lots of four patches).  Maybe I'll have some finished blocks in the new color next week!

Be sure to check out the various other pink projects as we end February.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Poor JoJo! I hope sewing some yellow blocks will cheer you up.

Deb A said...

Oh no! Hope JoJo is feeling better and letting Mom get some rest.

Nell's Quilts said...

Poor wee tyke! Would putting dark glasses on him have relieved some of his misery or at least pacify him? It is so hard when little ones can't verbalize a problem. Looks like sunnier days ahead with the yellow Angela is planning for March.

Vicki W said...

Wow, what a life! If baby sister could talk she would probably be asking if she will have to go through the same things as her big brother thinking that his life is normal!

Kate said...

Poor JoJo. Poor Mom too. Hope he's past the worst of the pain and suffering.

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh no, poor JoJo. And you too. I hope that you will soon be able to get some sewing in.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

In light of all that you should be screaming from the roof - "I finished a block" cuz - I am impressed you were even able to get to your machine.

Hugs to you and the kiddos ...

Magpie Sue said...

I'm so glad JoJo was sent to your family and not mine! Yikes, what a life you lead! Kudos for getting any blocks at all done and here's hoping for a more peaceful week ahead.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

poor little guy,and Mom. Hoping for brighter days ahead. [[Hugs}}

Kathy S. said...

Oh no! Poor JoJo. Hopefully sunny days are coming your way.

Sheila said...

Poor JoJo. Poor mother. I had three boys. They went from crawling to running and climbing. It was always something.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...