Saturday, March 28, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Yellow!

Where does the week go?  I intend to blog more often, to separate my scrap challenge posts from my other projects, but I don't seem to manage very well!

I finished my seat cushions for a customer and hope she'll send me pictures to share.  I'm quite happy with how they turned out and relieved to have conquered another challenge.

My aunt requested some memorial wall hangings from my grandma's clothes, so I finally took a deep breath, sorted, and made preliminary cuts.  I have one of seven complete.

On the scrappy front, we managed to get the Carrie Nation sewn into pairs of rows.  I pin, pin, pin, and Sarah sews, sews, sews.  We'll press again and soon have a top.  We pulled some fabric for the backing.  I'll have to measure and figure out if we have enough.


For my niece, I finished the next set of blocks (28?).  They lack the final press but are working out well.  The most recent set of 1.5" four patches went much faster.  Maybe I'll get the next set of 20 done in the next week.  If not, I'm happy with my progress for the month.


I completed six more blocks for my Bits and Bobs quilt.  Part of me wonders how well my blocks will play together, but I can save that worry for another day!

ironing awaits!
Finally, I've been sneaking in a bit of stitching on the Assistant's project of an Irish Chain quilt for a Christmas gift for her grandad.  We're exhausting my scraps in green and brown before we tackle the stash, and I'm itching to know how many blocks we can complete.  She's currently bored with sewing quilt bits together, so I've been figuring out how many pieces to cut for the alternate blocks and begun sewing a few strip sets together.  Maybe some progress will spur her into action!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Love your Bits and Bobs blocks. Those are all turning out great.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Bits and Bobs - what a great name for a quilt!

Julierose said...

Nice yellow blocks--love the bits and bobs...hugs Julierose

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful yellow projects.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great projects in the works. Congratulations on the finished ones.

Edith said...

Wow, as usual you seem to get so much done, I'm impressed.

Jennifer said...

good job! bits and bobs- great name!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great name for a scrappy quilt... bits and bobs!

quiltedfabricart said...

You are a busy lady and get so much done - impressive ! What is a memorial walk wall hanging? Sounds interesting

Magpie Sue said...

Good progress for someone as busy as you are! Moms have to be sneaky sometimes; hope your discreet help with the Assistant's project will have the desired result. :- )

Sheila said...

I like the name Bits and Bobs Quilt. Where did you come up with that name?

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...