Friday, May 29, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Green Grows the Grass (and the weeds...)

We've had rain, and more rain, and more rain.  God willing, this will replenish the aquifer a smidge and I won't have to worry about our well going dry any time soon.

In the meantime, I've not had much time for sewing.  The house is twice as full during the day since everyone is home, and that means lots more work (and entertaining) for me.

I did manage more Bits and Bobs, although I'm not done.  We'll see if I can squeak by with a few more before month's end.
 This summer, the Assistant is working on an Irish chain quilt from my green and brown scraps.  She made good progress this week!  Spunky will have a baby quilt to design and sew with my help, so both girls will be busy.
 I'm also on a mission to complete a weighted blanket for JoJo, who has sensory issues and quite probably autism.  We want this boy to sleep, as he's a much happier tornado after sleep!
We celebrated our 10th anniversary this week.  It's hard to imagine where we were ten years ago.  I'm pretty sure all my stash would have fit in a single small tub, and our life's possessions fit in a Uhaul.  Not today!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

13 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

You've got a great collection of blocks going on, Katie.

Kate said...

Progress is progress. It's so fun that you've got the girls making their own projects. I so wish DT would express an interest in stitching.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. It sounds like a busy summer for you!

Marly said...

Nice green blocks. It's good to hear the next genertion is showing interest.good luck with the weighted blanket; that should help in calming your son. Congratulations on your anniversry.

Scrappy quilter said...

Nice blocks Weighed jackets work wonderfullly. One of our sons has autism and he had one for years. He still sleeps with heavy blankets (head complete covered). He told me it helps him. Congratulations on your anniversary.

SueR said...

Lots of work in those lovely green blocks. Wish we could get some of your rain, it's been quite dry in Maine so far this spring. Never heard the term weighted blanket--what is that? And congratulations on your tenth anniversary!

Magpie Sue said...

Good job getting any sewing done! Hope the weighted blanket helps JoJo. Here's to another fruitful ten years!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Good luck with JoJo's weighted blanket. I made one for my neighbor's daughter and it worked like a charm. Wishing you the same success!

Nell's Quilts said...

Happy Anniversary. Some good working going on with the green and brown. I've heard the weighted blankets are helpful. Hope it helps JoJo.

LA Paylor said...

I made a flannel this winter that is so incredibly heavy I can hardly lift it! It must have been heavy duty flannel it was from JoAnn's
LeeAnna

Deb A said...

Happy Anniversary! A weighted blanket..... my son has to be covered with multiple quilts for weight to sleep. Hope it helps JoJo. Lots of great projects going on.

Cathy said...

Great way to keep the girls busy during the summer. I hope the weighted blanket works for JoJo. Some kids just need less sleep than others. My youngest doesn't have autism but he never slept and still doesn't and he's in his 30s! Happy Anniversary! I'll be celebrating 38 years next week!

Sheila said...

Happy Anniversary! Lots going on at your house. Sarah has a weighted quilt tutorial on her blog. Here is the link. Hope this helps.
http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/p/weighted-blanket-tutorial.html

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...