Sunday, August 2, 2015

August Goals

In July, I wanted to...

1.  Work on red scraps.  Done.  I finished the Rainbow Star and have it ready and waiting for donation.

2.  Finish Spunky's baby quilt.  Done!

3. Irish chain strip sets. Yes!  We managed to finish all the strips, and now I'm pinning together the blocks.

4.  Make a doll dress from an old school uniform.  The finished result could use some tweaking, but I'm satisfied with what I did.  Now the other school uniforms can be cut down and stored for another project.  (I don't have one yet.  Just in case.)

5.  Spunky's second baby quilt was even faster than the first, as it's not very big.

I also finished the blocks for my brother's quilt and made a plan for the coordinated scraps.  All good.

This month, I'd like to...

1.  Play catch up on scraps.  I have more triangles, 16-patches, and Bits and Bobs in previously covered colors to finish. Trimming is done as I write this, and I was impressed to discover that last month I trimmed almost everything as I went.  Yay me!

2.  Finish my brother's quilt.  The top and backing are ready.

3.  Mending.  I worked on mending Saturday and Sunday.  Oh, how I dislike mending, as it requires flexibility on my part.  I'm down to one pair of pants to mend.

4.  Scraps to Treasures.  I cut.  I balked.  I started sewing Sunday and have great hope that my plan will be successful.  I need a finished quilt top by the end of August.

5.  I'd like to piece all the Irish chain blocks.

6.  The scraps of coordinated fabric were on my UFO list.  Last week, with all my goals completed, I started in a small bag.  Saturday, I powered through and finished up, so this goal is already complete!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on meeting so many of your goals for last month. Sounds like you've made a good start on this month's.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...