Saturday, August 1, 2015

Busy Hands

I had four goals for the week: process 100 pounds of peaches, catch up on bills, skin all the ripe tomatoes, and get my brother's top to a flimsy stage.

I came close.  By the end of today, I may just accomplish my goal, as I have one seam left to pin and stitch.  It goes nicely with this month's colors, I think, since it has black, grey, and dark blue.  Initially, I wasn't sure what to do with these fabrics, but I'm quite happy with how the quilt is turning out.  Quilting may stump me, but I have a bit of time for that.
I surprisingly have not trimmed down my scraps yet.  Usually, that is first on the list, but the above four goals were large and looming, so the trimming still awaits.  I did skin all the tomatoes and catch up on bills, and the last of the peaches will go in the canner or the freezer today.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like another busy week at your house! Your brother's quilt is turning out well. Good luck getting that last seam sewn!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fresh peaches and tomatoes - yum!

Gorgeous quilt top coming together, too.

Nell's Quilts said...

Just bought some peaches at the local fruit and veggie stand. They are so great this year! After eating my fill, I'll have to see if there are any left to do some baking. Your brother's quilt looks wonderful.

Mari said...

Peaches sound awesome, but 100 pounds is a LOT. What a lucky brother! Great top--hope you finished that last seam!

Kate said...

Wow, that's a lot for one week. The quilt looks awesome!

Jennifer said...

looks great! we've been crazy busy here, too! 2 farmer's markets a week, plus all the regular garden work is just about killing me. I 've done some red sewing, but no ironing, and no posting, either... maybe this week...

Dasha said...

That is a simply huge pile of peaches. You don't say what you had to do to them - chop them? prepare for storage? Whatever, that is a big job on its own.
Well done on that quilt top. It is looking great.

scraphappy said...

Amazing that you found any time to sew with all the garden and kitchen work to do.

Debra said...

Wow, what a nice balance of chores/projects for the week. I bet the smell of all those peaches is heavenly!

gayle said...

Busy hands indeed! I hope you got to take a minute to sit down and eat a nice ripe peach. 8)

Sheila said...

I can't believe you found time or energy to sew after processing 100 lbs of peaches. Beautiful quilt top. You go girl!

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...