Sunday, August 2, 2015

Stash Report Week #32

Saturday afternoon, I managed an unplanned finish, so I have something to report.  I made a little bag out of leftover coordinating prints, so it also checked off another project off my UFO list.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1/4 yard

IN this year: 3 3/4 yards
OUT this year: 84 1/2 yards
YTD Total: 80 3/4 yards OUT!

I only foresee one finish for the entire month of August.  That's really okay, as I don't have a goal for how much to use this year.  My main desire remains not to buy fabric, which I've managed for seven months now.  (In case you don't know, all my incoming fabric came from winning two giveaways.)

A few months ago, I swapped the locations of my fabric and yarn stashes, so the yarn moved into boxes and the fabric is now in a glass-fronted cabinet next to my sewing machine.  The ability to look at all the fabric at once definitely squashes frivolous fabric buying impulse, but it also helps me analyze what I truly need.  No more aquas right now, I know, but definitely more yellow, pink, and purple.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh you are so GOOD! My fabric diet -- not so much--but I was not on NO BUY, but a diet--which, as everyone knows, you fall off a bit ?? how's that for rationalization???;--000
hugs Julierose

Kate said...

You have done really well this year. I think that's what you learn when you can see what fabric you have.

Dar said...

Good idea to see your fabric to curb your desire to buy more -- unless of course you need something special that you don't have to finish a project. Congrats on not buying any this year. I'm right there with you. When you have the urge to buy -- call me. I probably have it in my stash and I could count it OUT if it were gifted to someone. lol

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...