Saturday, November 28, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Odds and Ends

It's time to clean my camera lens again, so I apologize for the blurry pictures.

I finished cutting myself a kit of 60 blocks in pink and green scraps for next year.  The material on the right I ordered for a border since it coordinates with the background fabrics of the blocks.
 I also finished out my Bits and Bobs.  I've exhausted my triangles, and I'm not sure I finish enough tiny nines to assemble any more blocks this year, but next year, the tiny nines will be back!
I have lots of top assembly to do next month.  I'm not sure it's all possible, but I certainly intend to have fun as I try!

Check out the other odds and ends this week that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

14 comments:

Cathy said...

Good luck on the assembly! It's fun to see the finished quilts that we have followed all year long.

LA Paylor said...

so tiny and so many. Lots to work with here... LeeAnna

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Wow, cutting ahead for next year. There's a thought that had not crossed my mind...at all. I see that there is lot of scrap management ahead yet to be learned. Well done on those tiny 9s.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW smart, you are! Assembling a kit for next year's stitching is a REALLY good idea. It increases your productivity when you find yourself with a free moment.

Marly said...

Enjoy assembling your quilt tops. Congratulations on being so well organised to have your project for next year all kitted up.

scraphappy said...

Looks like you are at the same point as me, figuring out what to finish and what to carry over. Either way, lots of beautiful quilts will be appearing in good time

Kate said...

You've got lots of prep work done to get a good start on next year's projects. Hopefully you'll get lots of assembly done in the next few weeks. It will be hectic, but I find hiding in the sewing room for a bit each day does make for a lower stress holiday.

Angie said...

Can't wait to see the pink & green - one of my favorite color combos!

Dasha said...

It's such fun playing with assembly - getting those colours just right and balanced out. Don't rush it - enjoy the process

gayle said...

I always enjoy seeing your Bits and Bobs. Such tiny nines!
And good for you for getting so far ahead for next year! I'm still working on ten years ago!

Raewyn said...

Your blocks are lovely, nice and rainbow-y :-) Good on you for prepping a project for next year already!

Deb A said...

Great job planning for next year already. I am just trying to finish some things off... I still have almost all of last years blocks hanging around too (hangs head) Can you tell I love making blocks... not so much on the finishing?

Kathy S. said...

Love that border fabric! Great job getting a jump on next year. Happy sewing.

Sheila said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your cute, colorful collection of tiny blocks grow. You go girl!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...