Saturday, February 13, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Hot Cocoa

Well, JoJo has already defeated the newest door fastener and can lock himself in the bathroom for a forbidden midday bath, so I've been busy (and worn out) this week.  The fabric cutting has been curtailed, and it's always good to celebrate victories! He's also voluntarily vocalizing, sometimes imitating words, and approximating color words.  The world is pretty fabulous since his tenacity is a life saver despite the irritations is brings at times.

In the meantime, my navy baby quilt is pieced and basted.  I am torn on the quilting, but may brave feathers.  I had no time to quilt this week, so I may ponder for a day or two more.

The triangle madness continues.  I finished ninety of the 704 units that have the two small triangles, which takes care of all the triangle pairs I finished this week.  I've begun the large triangle units, for which I also need 704.  Now that I have the first block stitched up, I feel less daunted by the seemingly endless parade of triangles.  I spent Friday night cutting more while my family watched a video.

My applique is behind for the month, but I've decided to keep it low stress.  If it's not finished by my original goal, I already have another quilt that can work for donating, so I can take my sweet time.

Be sure to check out other lovely brown (and pink!) projects this Saturday.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

14 comments:

Mari said...

That JoJo is one smart kid! Glad you got to get at least a few stitches done.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow... that is a LOT of triangles!

Peggyinno said...

Hope you get a chance to catch your breath this weekend. Love your baby quilt!

Ivani said...

Owo Katie, it is sure a lot of triangles to go And that baby quilt is beautiful

Julierose said...

Lotsa triangles you've got going there--love that baby quilt--feathers would be super on it with all those angles...hugs, Julierose

Nell's Quilts said...

I've always loved the look you get with triangles in the quilt. One of the first quilts I made was 1000 triangles. That cured me of working with triangles for a while. Will this quilt do the same for you?

Alison V. said...

Very nice!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Celebrating victories small and large... Good work, JoJo!! You'll be a talker, yet. Now, leave those locks alone, boy!! You are too smart for your own good.

Vicki W said...

I really like your quilt and I hope you get some rest this weekend!

scraphappy said...

The blue and yellow triangles turned out great! What a fun combination of colors. Hope that the week will bring a little time for relaxation. Sounds like JoJo is keeping you on your toes right now.

Kate said...

The baby quilt turned out beautifully! Congrats on all the good news. Hope that next week isn't as hectic.

Cathy said...

Love the color combo in the pyramid quilt. Good luck on feathers! I haven't tried those yet on my DSM.

Jennie in GA said...

The colors in your baby quilt are wonderful!

Sheila said...

JoJo is SMART! Love your blue and brown quilt : )

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...