Saturday, April 30, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Odds and Ends

I now have 53 Odd Fellows blocks, which leaves me only 25 more to cut and sew!  While I'd love to say I sewed them in fours, I ran out of time.  JoJo and Miss G are both determined to get too close to the rotary cutter, so I'll cut more blocks another day.  I'm very happy to have made so much progress this month, as it makes finishing the quilt by year's end doable.  That means I have one more Christmas present planned!

My applique blocks are also completed for the month.  Two were purple, but I only had the orange out.  I enjoy choosing all the fabrics from my collection from Vicki Welsh.

Finally, my paltry party of Bits and Bobs totaled only 4 this month.  There are lots of other lovely oranges to check out this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.


10 comments:

Kate said...

The Odd Fellows blocks are looking great! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt!

Marly said...

I love those Odd Fellows; the limited palette makes them jump around.

Deb A said...

Your applique blocks are lovely. Great job on the Odd Fellows blocks. You are really turning them out quickly.

Deb A said...

Oh....I used to dump piles of scraps out to let the littles play when I wanted to get some cutting done. Sorting into color piles or trying to find fun things on the fabrics..... Might be an idea to try =)

gayle said...

Your Odd Fellows are going to make the most stunning quilt!
And I always love seeing your Bits and Bobs - love the tiny things!

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely blocks :)
I didn't get to any double nine patches this month... totally forgot about them!

Vicki W said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm so glad you love the fabrics.

Ivani said...

I love the blue block surrounded by the orange blocks.

scraphappy said...

Making great progress on your blocks. Slow but sure will get you there in the end.

The Joyful Quilter said...

When you consider that I made ONLY four RSC blocks this month, you are doing GREAT with all of the progress you made. Nice work!!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...