Friday, August 26, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: an Unexpected Flimsy

This week (this very long, sleepless week), I finished off the final blocks for my mom's yellow and grey quilt.  I started on the first quadrant, but it's still a thready mess on my sewing table.

Eight Bits and Bobs visited the sewing machine this month.  The box is filling up, but I still have plenty to do!

Surprisingly, it's my appliqué blocks that saw the most visible progress this week.  They're all attached and even met with the borders!  I didn't think I'd do much with this one, but it was a little less complicated than laying out my mom's quilt, so sew I did!  It will take a bit of rootling around next week to piece a backing, but my plan is to baste it, so the backing must be found.

My computer is dying of old age, so DH ordered a new one.  I suppose nothing will look the same anymore, but I'll be grateful to not have a frozen screen every five minutes.  I've only had one new computer in my life, when I went to college, and since then I've used other people's hand me downs, so it's a little exciting to anticipate organizing things to my liking.

Be sure to check out the purple and grey projects this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Kate said...

It's beautiful! The blocks looks so much like watercolor paintings, I love it. Sounds like a bad week. Hopefully things will go smoother this weekend and you can catch up on your sleep a bit.

Sheila said...

This is awesome. Such a sweet quilt. Beautiful job.

Deb A said...

Hope the sleeping fairy will sprinkle some dust on your tonight to remedy the sleeplessness. Your appliqué blocks are making a lovely quilt. Those bits and bobs sure are adding up slowly but surely. Hope you all have a great weekend and so exciting to get a new computer... I'm still on my Mac I got Jan 2011 as my 'reward' for agreeing to move to FL. Hehehe.....

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting the applique quilt to the "flimsy" stage. LOVE that rainbow fade inner border. That really added an extra spark to the quilt top. Good luck with getting some sleep (JoJo??) and moving your projects along!!

gayle said...

Those rainbow borders are perfect for your applique quilt! So pretty!
Best of luck with the new computer. And also much luck in the sleep department!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This quilt is turning out to be beautiful, Katie! I love the way you made the border look like the colors are flowing from one to another! Getting a new computer is so exciting, but definitely a learning curve to overcome! Have fun!

Vicki W said...

That turned out really pretty!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...