Saturday, October 22, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Pinning Time

Sewing, sewing, sewing...

My design wall was taken over by the Assistant this week.  She's finally feeling an itch to sew again, so she laid out what is done.  She has about half the "blocks" she needs, and right now she's focusing on sewing together all her squares into pairs, so new blocks should make an appearance soon!
My appliqué project looks a bit amorphous right now.  I need better pins, so it's time to order new.  It's a little dicey to carry this project along with me (I have it in a stiff folder in my bag, right now).  I am really glad I've started the project, as I'm tired of "someday" patterns getting put off over and over.

The next teacher quilt is completely cut.  The stacks are hidden on top of the fireplace because Miss G is a cute, talkative walking disaster.
Meanwhile, the biggest accomplishment for the week is a major goal accomplished.  ALL 88 blocks for my Odd Fellows scrappy quilt are finished!  They are now all sewn into pairs, and the next massive pinning move will be to make foursies.  I'm trying to keep myself from getting too many long rows to sew, as pins inevitably fall out, and I'm tired of finding them with my feet.  Miss G likes to help, as she's obsessed with my large pins, and anytime she can find one, sticks it in the nearest soft surface.  Once or twice, that's been my back.  :(

Be sure to check out other yellow and orange projects this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Kate said...

You are a brave woman to sew with so many little ones around. We had my sewing room behind a closed door when DT was little. Looking forward to seeing your Odd Fellows quilt come together and checking out the Assisstance's project as it grows.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on completing your Odd Fellows blocks. Your quilt is going to be AWESOME!! Sorry about Miss G and the errant pins. (Although, I have to admit that I got a chuckle out of her antics.)

Chantal said...

I so love your Odd Fellows blocks. Can't wait to see them all together. The assistant's quilt is very promising. I believe it will be a fun one to look at. Sorry to hear about Miss G's shenanigans. What if you make a special, personal pincushion for Miss G? Then she could pin to her heart's content. Whenever she finds a pin she has to use HER pincushion. Anywho, just trying to save your back. Ouch! ;^)

Ariane said...

I love your blocks! Can't wait to see them all put together!

Angie said...

The Assistant's project looks like it will be a celebration of color! Good luck with the Odd Fellow's assembly - I'm looking forward to seeing the finished top.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I didn't really mean to laugh when you wrote that Miss G liked to stick pins in your back! Oops! I love the Assistant's quilt! Good for her! And your Oddfellows quilt is going to be amazing. Congratulations on getting all of the blocks made!

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...