Saturday, February 18, 2017

Icicles, Snowflakes, and Roses in Winter

Another crazy week... conferences, days off school, a zoo trip, a commission, a cancelled sleepover turned into a campout, and, and, and... You know, life.

I managed to miscount, so I made 21 hourglass blocks (see that low contrast, light one in the middle under the last row?).  These colors make me so happy.
 I finished basting my applique quilt to the backing, so now this will be tucked away until my "handwork" time opens up again.  I'm still hand quilting my queen-sized quilt and embroidering a last stocking, so this will wait a bit.
Finally, this week, I finished my flimsy of Bonnie Hunter's En Provence.  I switched the colors on one step and didn't have enough fabric to remake it, so there are some changes.  I'm pretty content with how it looks.  I have the backing, so once the commission Tshirt quilt is finished, I'll be basting and quilting this lovely.  I thought about putting on my bed, but now I don't know...

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

Linking up to the En Provence Link-Up as well as the beloved Rainbow Scrap Challenge
.

20 comments:

Chantal said...

En Provence is GOOOORRRRGEOUS!! I love how quiet and serene it is. Looks like a winter sky to me. You did an awesome job with the roses too. Love it, big time! ;^)

LA Paylor said...

I love your colors in the provence quilt.And the hourglass blocks.. I forget to do a low contrast now and then, but it adds a lot to the whole.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your En Provence! So calming and sweet. Beautiful!

Sheila said...

Wow! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the mystery quilt!

Kat Scribner said...

Oh my gosh, LOVE your palette for En Province, so delicate and classy. Great job!!

Deb A said...

LOVE how that quilt came out. It is spectacular. I too love the pretty teal fabrics in these winter months. Hope your week is a little less crazy.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your En Provence is a beautiful version!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your version - it's the prettiest one I've seen. Many of the others use the same/original mystery colors and then wind up all looking alike to me - yours is different - very calming and absolutely beautiful - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

Your quilt is beautiful.

claudia said...

The colors in your hourglass blocks are so refreshing!
Love the rose next to them! WOW!
Your En Provence quilt is beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Hourglass colors make me SEW happy, too... especially since you shared with me. Thanks again, Katie! :o)) Your En Provence turned out beautifully, as did your newest roses. Best of luck on your commission!!

Angie said...

Lovely finish on your En Provence flimsy - cool & wintery feeling, but soothing at the same time!

Jeanne said...

En Provence is lovely!

Edith said...

Delightful little hour glass blocks, and I just love that quilt top.

Alison V. said...

Wow, your En Provence is just gorgeous! I love your simple color scheme -- it looks like ice!

Vireya said...

Your En Provence is beautiful - it looks like a winter snow scene.

Margaret Minton said...

Oh! Wonderful colors!

sewkalico said...

Gosh you are so busy and still manage to get loads of quilting done!

Kate said...

Your version of En Provence turned out beautifully! Congrats on getting it to the finished flimsy stage. Love those purple roses, that's going to be a gorgeous finish one of these days.

Debbiegsp said...

Your En Provence top is beautiful. I may have to make it again in your color way. I love blue quilts!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...