Friday, March 17, 2017

Cardinal, Crimson, and Chestnut

Another busy week, another crazy weather pattern, another exhausted momma.  I'm learning not to read at night because I'm too tired to see straight.  Ah, well.  I sew during the day, so it's all good!

This week, I trimmed up the hour glass blocks.  Maybe next month, I'll get them all out and see what's happening.

I also cut and sewed my Barn Dance blocks.  I was, not surprisingly, lacking in red in my hand dyes, so a bit of pink snuck in too.  I personally love the red and white fabric in the bars of one block.  It was fussy cut from a red and white "striped" hand dye, and I'm glad I took the time to cut it this way.  Next week, since we will be away a few days, I'm bringing a stash of hand dyes and the background, and we'll see how many blocks I can cut for future months.

Finally, I chipped away at the orphan block quilt.  I've decided this one will be called Lincoln Logs, since I'm spending a fair amount of time puzzling together the bits.  I hope my tiny triangles (1" finished) won't look odd with the chunky 2 by 4 bricks, but I have an overflowing bag of these tinies leftover from another quilt, and I don't want to start accumulating odds and ends again, when I'm doing so well at eliminating them!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Lots of pretty reds up on your design wall. Lincoln Logs is a great name! Your orphan blocks look good in that arrangement.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love,LOVE those pink blocks at the bottom left!! You've made some good progress on your Orphan quilt, too. It is coming together nicely!!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...