Friday, March 24, 2017

Invisible Flimsy

I felt so pleased that after five days away from home, I managed to finish my orphan block flimsy.  I snapped a picture after pressing, and dickered with the Assistant over what fabric should be used for backing and binding.

Then, a certain-two-year-old-who-is-a-defiant-mess snatched my camera, turned it on, and threw it.  Doomed.  The lens will no longer retract, so it's broken.

Therefore, imagine a finished flimsy and a pile of red and pink blocks, if you will.

Ugh.  It's not really so bad, but I struggle with everyone home for break, backing and unpacking, all the homework due over break (in grade school?!), and a certain Miss G who struggles to be two.  I'll no doubt find a way to manage pictures again (my iPad so far evades me), and we'll be back in business soon.

In the meantime, I have plenty of stitching to manage and will enjoy everyone else's fabulous projects.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

Edited: We can rescue the last photo.

14 comments:

Kate said...

So sorry about the camera, that's definitely frustrating. Congrats on getting the flimsy finished. Hopefully everyone gets sorted out over the weekend, at least you'll get a bit more quiet when the older ones head back to school next week.

Chantal said...

Getting the flimsy finish with a house full of children for school break is quite an accomplishment. Congratulation. I understand the frustration for the camera, (sorry to hear about that) but we will be patient. I know the photos will be worth the wait. ;^)

Deb A said...

Oh no! I got NO sewing in during break and mine are not so little. You are doing great. Sorry about the camera.

Kathy S. said...

I totally relate. I can completely imagine your flimsy. I'm smiling...
Hey, not sure how you feel about a 2 year old playing with a camera as a practice. But I have given my broken camera (that the lense would not retract) to my son a couple years ago. After he played with it again the lense loosened up and worked!

Mari said...

Your quilt top is so cute! Nice way to use up those orphans. Sorry about the camera! Stuff happens with kids. Good luck finding a new one!

Angie said...

Hope your school break has only wonderful memories, even without a camera!

Pamela Arbour said...

Oh my, what a spring break you had. I guess it was time for a new camera anyway? Hopefully. Kathy had a good idea. First take out the card and let her play with it. Maybe she can learn to appreciate it. I know your flimsy was beautiful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your orphan block flimsy is lovely! I like how you put everything together! So sorry about the camera, though, and the homework over break. In my teaching years, I tried not to do that, knowing how I as a parent would feel about it. Wishing you a restful Sunday!

claudia said...

I love the finished flimsy! and the pile of red and pink blocks looks divine! I have no two year olds here any longer...my "little' people are big people now and I have to wait until their busy lives allow them to visit! Cherish the broken camera!

gayle said...

Ah, two year olds. Always a tough year...
Glad you could rescue that photo, because the flimsy looks great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Katie!! Your Orphans went together SEW well!!! Best of luck with the quilting.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great finish on the orphan block quilt. Can you put the card into the computer and retrieve all the photos?

Alzbeta Volk said...

Oh, my goodness... this quilt is gorgeous! It just looks so cozy and ready for autumn!

Pam said...

Ah children! Don't you just love it! Sorry about your camera but I like your flimsy!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...