Saturday, August 12, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Not What I Intended

I managed to press the first few rows, but didn't get to sew any more.  There just wasn't time.


 I did manage the applique for the ABC quilt.  I'm currently working on the sashing, but there's not much done there either.


 The serious attention was given to the rail fence quilt.  I quilted it and attached the binding, and then finished the binding in the waiting room of the hospital.  JoJo has a mouthful of crowns and was begging to go back to the hospital to "fix" his mouth, but we survived.  Recovery has been difficult, since his sleep was thrown off and he's been miserable, but every day is better.


I had hoped to sew more neutrals, but it just wasn't possible.  I only had a few half days of time available with surgery Monday and class Tuesday afternoon-Saturday night.  Next week, right?

 Spunky thought she was clever to make a face of elderberries.


from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad every day has been a bit better for Jojo! That sounds like a tough time for a little guy. It looks to me like you got quite a bit done, in spite of your busy week!

Marly said...

I like your colour scheme in the Irish Chain quilt; it's really cheerful. I hope the little fellow feels better soon and you find enough time to sew.

Cathy said...

I hope JoJo (and his mom!) are back on track this week, feeling better and getting back into the regular routine. You managed to finish a lovely quilt, though - amazing! Take care....

Edith said...

Busy week for you, the Rail Fence is absolutely gorgeous, I just love the colour.

PaulaB quilts said...

So sweet to see your little quilt climber getting an assist from big brother. Is he seeing if it passes the taste test? Hope you have a more peaceful week ahead.

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

Oh it sounds as if Jojo had a time of it ( hope that all is well now! ) but still you have made some nice progress despite the busy week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That GORGEOUS Rail Fence quilt binding was the perfect project for the hospital waiting room. Congrats! on your finish and surviving JoJo's dental surgery!! It appears that the Bits and Bobs top is together and your letters turned out great. Go easy on yourself, Katie, because you certainly have your hands full!!

Ariane said...

Your making progress on your projects and that's all that counts. Life sometimes throws us curve balls, but in the end things work out. Have a great week.

Deb A said...

Sounds like you got a lot done on a very busy and hectic week. Hope everyone is getting caught up on sleep this weekend and next week goes smoother for all of you. Love the happy face hands =).

gayle said...

Those elderberry faces are adorable!
I hope it all gets back to normal soon. And I'm always amazed at how much you get done! You certainly have your hands full!

Kate said...

Hope JoJo is doing much better now. It's hard for any little one to get density stuff done, sounds like he had a lot that needed to be done. All your projects are coming along beautifully. I really like the bits and bobs. Hope you can work in some more stitching this next week.

Are the kids back in school yet?

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...