Saturday, September 23, 2017

Clementine, Carrot, and Flame

(We found one key, in case you were wondering... after we called the locksmith.)

The focus of my scant sewing time this week was quilting Bits and Bobs.  All the quilting is complete, and Friday morning I settled on the binding fabric, but I won't be finishing it this week.  Hopefully next week!
Thursday and Friday, after quilting was complete, I worked on my Barn Dance blocks.  These are the last ones, so the next time I see them, I'll be laying out the entire quilt.  I'm excited, as I haven't put all the blocks together on the wall at all!

The next scraps of orange found their way into my orphan block quilt.  I finished the round with bricks.  Next, I think, will be narrow white and orange strips, and then... I'll have to see what it wants next.  Right now it's on the small side for a baby quilt, so it probably needs at least one more set of something or other.

I'm looking forward to more orange inspiration this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Marly said...

The churn dash blocks look great in orange on black. I'm looking forward to seeing them in a complete quilt top.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

The orange and black look great in the churn dash blocks.
Glad to see you found some keys!

Deb A said...

Beautiful blocks. I went back and read last week - yikes. Hope this one was calmer.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the contrast of blocks and colors in your design wall photo! It's always interesting to have a few very different projects going on at the same time.

scraphappy said...

Perfect colors for a baby quilt. I'm sure you will find something great for the next round. So glad the key turned up. Always happens right after you figure out how to survive without it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing additional progress on BOTH of these project. Particularly your Barn Dance QAL!! I'm thinking of taking mine to Quilt Camp in a few weeks. I'm SEW far behind!!!

Angie said...

I'm impressed you finished the quilting on Bits & Bobs already - looking forward to seeing it!

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing all your Barn Dance blocks up on the design wall. Your orphan quilt is looking great. I really like the soft colors in the brick border you added.

Stash Report Week #11 and 15 Minutes

 I finished my box blocks quilt this week, so the stash report is back in the area I prefer it to be.  I love to buy new fabric, but I am sp...