Saturday, October 21, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Challenge Accepted

On the other side of the basement family room, this is always the view.
 Meanwhile, here's my view:
 Some pink nine patches were made for a new project.  They feel HUGE after working with 1" pieces for so long!  On the right are the remaining orphan block pieces.  I've done a little sorting and looking at possible companion scraps, but this is it!  If they don't come off the wall in some sort of sewing piece, they are taking a leap into the garbage bin below!
I basted the mini nines, and now I've finished agonizing over quilting patterns.  The dark blue background of the Barn Dance quilt is quilted in a meander.  Now I'm working my way through Leah Day's 365 Free Motion Quilting Ideas and trying as many as I can.  The smallest blocks are only 6", and surely I can suffer a more tedious pattern for 6".  Plenty of them I realize I have trouble seeing how to travel well with them, but that's a good challenge to undertake!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

(Join the PINK scrap party this weekend!)

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm really impressed that those are all the orphan blocks you have left, Katie! Good work using the rest of them up! Have fun figuring out quilting ideas for your Barn Dance blocks. That does sound challenging to me!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the quilting!! Combining the designs sounds terribly challenging. I think I might be tempted to just end in a corner, tie off, and move to another area. It would make for a lot of ends to bury, but it solves the other issue. Best of luck figuring it out!

Cathy said...

My hat’s off to you with that quilting challenge. ill Watch with interst, glad that it’s you, not me, doing it! As always, I admire your amazing ability to focus and persevere!

Lori said...

Go Katie Go!

Kate said...

Sounds like you've made a lot of progress. Looking forward to seeing more finishes soon.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You SEW, girl! - ;))

PaulaB quilts said...

Good luck with the Quilting. The orphan blocks do look lonely up there, but if that's all you have left, congratulations.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...