Saturday, March 24, 2018

Bottle Green

If off-kilter is your bent, have I got a week for you!  Spring break was peppered with fevers, stuffy noses, and a canceled trip.  Fortunately, it was better flavored by a successful trip, garden planting, needed rain, a new shed, and some long-delayed debris burning. The Assistant had a wild hair and sorted her box of fabric, sorting out what she’d like trimmed down to useable sizes, so my cutting board has been busy.


I also had a list of 13 garments to cut and sew.  Sunday night, before illness assaulted me, I cut out the lion’s share.  I now have 12 cut and 6 sewn, so progress has been good.  The ballpoint needle in the machine and the many colors of thread has forced my green sewing to the back burner.

A small pile of green 4-patches is waiting for a few more friends, so I should be able to finish my 16-patches next week.  If this round of illness is through and the anticipated rain arrives, I’ll have ample time for a few more skirts and my normal sewing as well!

I wonder what glorious greens have been sewn up this week?

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like lots going on at your house. Maybe it will calm down again after spring break is done.

Kate said...

Sorry you had illnesses over spring break, that makes for a long week. It sounds like you still made some progress on a couple of fronts. Enjoy your stitching time this weekend.

Ivani said...

I am sorry to know you too had a sick week, last 2 was not fun for me. Hope you feel better soon.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Happy stitching time this WE, hope you are recovering.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You always seem to get a lot done in spite of the setbacks,Katie! All that garment sewing - Wow! Hope everyone is feeling better this week!

Mlada said...

What is a ballpoint needle?

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Sorry to hear that you have been laid low. This too shall pass and you will be putting that ball point away and back to the microtec (or whatever brand you use normally). Quilt On!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Those little 4 patches are so cute!

Cathy said...

Lucky you getting the garden in, but unlucky you on the illness. Hope all are well soon.

And wondering where Assistant's wild hair will lead. That might be a fun name for a quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are such a wonder, Katie. Congrats! on making such good progress in the wake of illness and a house full of kids.

Nanette said...

Cheery 4 patches there. Hope you're on the mend now, nothing worsethan being ill when there's lots to do.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...