Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Finished Quilt: Animal Brights

A year (or two? Or more?) ago, Shelly of Prairie Moon Quilts sent me three cheery fat quarters as a prize for my participation in her 350 Block Challenge.  In my stash, they sat and sat, huddled together in a lonely state.  When I made my UFO Challenge list for Judy Laquidara, I selected these three fat quarters as one of my projects.


When their number was drawn this month, I pulled them out with a few friendly coordinating solids.  After a bit of puzzling, I opted for a simple rail fence.  Of course, I fouled up my original plan by sewing the colors together out of order (I wanted yellow in the middle), and then my quilting plan, by starting my diagonal lines from the wrong corner.  Oh, well.

It’s done, it’s cute, and another UFO bites the dust!  (In the picture, I see someone bedaubed a corner with Nutella, so it's already back in the washer.)

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. This is the next UFO in the quilting queue.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on another finish! It turned out beautifully even if it's not exactly as envisioned. I'm looking forward to seeing the dragon quilt finished. It's such a fun design. I'll bet the new owner is ready to sleep under it.

Nancy said...

Good job using fabric you have. I always tell my daughter that when some quilting plan goes awry from the original that it was a 'design choice'. Might not have been my original choice but it was still a choice.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...