Saturday, March 17, 2018

St. Patrick's Day

Ah, Stained Glass Stars, how glorious you are... when you're done!  I don't know that I will set these blocks on point, but it seemed a lovely way to enjoy them for the time being.  I'm glad I only have a few blocks to make each month, but I'm glad I'm trying something more challenging than my preferred quilt blocks.
 I cut my churn dash blocks this week, sewed all the components, and now I have a pile to assemble. These six are the beginning.  I find many of my green fabrics are very similar in color, but that's okay for this quilt!
 In the meantime, as my leader and ender, I almost sewed all the pairs of strips for my 16 patches.  Now that I've trimmed the backing on this month's UFO, I have two more strips of green to sew up.
from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  Check out all the blocks that are just the right color for St. Patrick's Day!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

your stars are fantastic! It does feel good to do something out of our ordinary... and I love your churn dashes! I could say they're one of my favorite blocks- I really should make some- maybe i'll add it to RSC19! ha!

Cathy said...

I love your Stained Glass Stars. They will certainly make a striking quilt!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Aren't those stars gorgeous?! I love the dark blue background. Churn dashes look great, too - lots of pretty green!

Marly said...

The stained glass stars are beautiful. Have fun with the rest of them.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Wow I love those stained glass stars!!

Julie in GA said...

I'm glad you are making the Stained Glass Stars too! They really glow against the dark background.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've been SEW productive!!

Kate said...

The Stained Glass blocks are gorgeous! They really do have a nice sparkle to them. Congrats on all the progress in the sewing room.

Mari said...

The stars look great on point! You could put some sashing with them right now and have a lovely quilt. Can't wait to see them in some other colors, though, like pink and yellow. Did you have a pattern for these? Also, great progress on the other projects!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those stars look time consuming! Love the churns

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...