Saturday, June 23, 2018

Summer Means Less Sewing

I had hoped to finish my Stained Glass Stars this week, but, alas, they are each in nine pieces.  That's better than 60 pieces, so I've made progress, but not quite what I planned.
I've cut my dark and light teal strips into twosies.  I see an insane amount of 16-patches in turquoise, maybe even a quilt in only these colors.
 I had another pie-in-the-sky goal to assemble my Christmas blocks into a flimsy this week, but, remember (I need to remember this), it's summer.  Everyone is home.  They have activities, JoJo has speech (only for another month, then he graduates!), I have hand therapy, and, oh yes, there was a funeral of a high school teacher of mine on Friday.  Last night, DH picked up three beehives from an hour away and raced lightning and thunder home.  I'm tired simply thinking about it.
I should have some time today to sew, during which I hopefully complete my Stained Glass Stars.  Next week should be a little better, but have its own craziness.  Good luck with your week!

I have hopes that the comment issue is resolved, so I hope to answer all my comments again.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  What can we find that's teal this weekend?

8 comments:

Kate said...

How you manage to stitch any with everyone home is just amazing. Hope you can sneak in a few minutes here and there this weekend. Thankfully we didn't get hit too badly last night. Which is good, My Guy found roof damage from the storm last week. Now to find someone to come fix that.

Mari said...

Summer means less sewing, but lots more fun time. Enjoy your time with the kiddos, and I hope your hand is doing better. Try this to fix the comments: https://www.justletmequilt.com/2018/06/a-possible-fix-for-your-missing-comments.html
It works so far for me!

Cathy said...

Oh, the precious days of family summertime! Enjoy them while they fleet past! And if you get time to sew on your (super fun) projects, that’s just icing on the cake!

Katie Z. said...

No comments so far in my email, so I tried again. Here’s my test!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Every little bit counts in the sewing room, right?! I think a turquoise nine patch quilt would be beautiful!

Edith said...

So many beautiful teals to play with and you are one productive lady with a full life.

Cathy said...

To everything there is a season!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A quilt in just these colors sounds FABULOUS!!! Good luck with carving out some sewing time in the upcoming week. Personally, I'm hoping it's the Christmas quilt that comes together! Although, I suppose July is a better month for that. :P

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...