Saturday, July 14, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Red and Maroon

My hand dyed fabric stash is a little slim on red fabrics, so I only have three Stained Glass Star Blocks this month.  Because I’ve been busy in the garden and around the farm, my fingers have been more swollen, so there was a perfectly small number of these sets of triangles to tackle!

I finished a round or two of log cabin blocks.  Since it’s for a baby gift, I haven’t snapped any photos yet.

A little apron was made from an incomplete and erroneous pattern.  Miss G has already made said apron and doll disappear, so I'm on a hunt to discover it for a photo shoot.  I will make her an apron next, as time permits.  Now that I know how the apron goes together, and where the directions are lacking, it should be much easier.

Finally, I'm still sewing up four patches from teal and aqua scraps.  The basket is, apparently, bottomless, as I feel no closer to the end after having sewn stacks and stacks already!  It's fine, as I know I really will reach the bottom.  I am now seriously contemplating a 16-patch quilt entirely in my aqua/turquoise scraps, as this basket may be a quilt by itself.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to visit Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend!


9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty red stars, Katie! The colors always look great with the dark background!

Deb A said...

A teal quilt sounds wonderful and love your red and black blocks. Sounds like the hand is recovering... if slowly.

Julierose said...

Wow--love those darkling stars--great combo you have going there...hugs, Julierose

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Stunning blocks, red on black is so beautiful! I love them

Julie in GA said...

I love seeing your Stained Glass Stars every month. The red ones are gorgeous!

Mari said...

A whole quilt in teal and aqua sounds awesome! Love the red stars, too!

Mlada said...

All the teals and aquas! With some brown or grey to set them off?

Kate said...

Those stained glass blocks are beautiful. That is going to be such a gorgeous quilt. Hopefully your fingers continue to heal and things get easier not harder.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like a lucky thing that you only had a few Stained Glass Stars in RED to make!! Here's hoping the inflammation diminishes for some pain-free sewing!!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...