Saturday, April 20, 2019

Spring Struggles

Rain... delaying planting but feeding the plants... Hail... three times in 24 hours... Fevers... one broken and one on the rampage... Sleepless nights... Hatching chicks and laying hens...  New chicken coops, new plans... Two dumpsters of farm refuse loaded and hauled away... Fruit trees awaiting planting... Mowing and stalled mowers...

I’m ready for Easter and grateful for a few days off school for my kiddos.  We are catching up on farm chores now that the (much needed and appreciated) rain has passed.  New chicken tractors are high on the list since I dismantled the old (too heavy) tractors for various reasons and they were hauled away in a few dumpsters last weekend.

In the meantime, we’ve had another mean streak of high-fever illness.  Miss G is on the road to recovery, and PK is still fighting the relentless fever.  Boo.  This, unfortunately, has meant I’ve missed some serious sleep hours, which also means my energy is gone by lunch, which in turn means I’m not sewing so much.


This week, I have finished the “dark” Garden Mosaic blocks, four patches of my darker aqua fabrics for 16-patches, and finished 10 out of 35 bee blocks.  That’s not quite what I was hoping for, since it may be challenging to finish the bee quilt by the end of April.  Oh, well.  There’s always next week!

P.S. Be sure to check out all the aqua inspiration this weekend!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You have such full days, but your piles of pretty aqua blocks look like you still got some sewing done! Hope those fevers are finished with your kiddos soon!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your days are full but a little sewing here and there will get it done in the end.

Mari said...

And I thought I was busy! Here's hoping that the kiddos are on the mend. As I recall, all sickness races through every kid in order, which is remarkably unfair to parents. Hope all your chicks and the farm chores get taken care of, too! Happy Easter!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Here's hoping next week will bring better health and MORE time for playing with your AQUA fabric scraps!!

Julie in GA said...

Such pretty aqua blocks! I hope everyone's health and the weather all improve for you.

Kate said...

Hope everyone is well mended and your sleep schedule has gotten back to normal. Looks like you got in enough stitching to maintain at least a bit of sanity.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...