Monday, December 9, 2019

12 Things: Irish Chain

Another month has rolled past, and I think I’m finally getting into a groove with the hand quilting.  Kate’s 15 minutes a day goal had me thinking: it takes me 20 or so minutes to hand quilt half a block.  If I could do that every day, I could knock out this quilt without too much strain or stress.  For 2020, I think I’ll set a goal of 15 (or so) a day for hand work.  After I wrap up this Irish Chain (which will be late in 2020), I’m going to try working on my hexies for 15 minutes a day.  They have waited for too long, even after I ordered more fabric to make the entire quilt!

I rolled the quilt again (maybe twice?), so here’s what I finished and where I am starting again today. I know, it doesn’t much different, but it’s progress!


from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think that is why I have gotten into such a routine of hand quilting now for an hour or two an evening - sometimes it is less - but by sticking to a routine you can get them done if you like to do that like I do

Vicki W said...

You will have that quilt done in no time!

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...