Saturday, January 25, 2020

Garden Paths

I must make this brief, as the baby has a fever of 102 and needs Mommy.  We did swell avoiding illness through the fall, but now we’ve been hit with multiple different things.  None of them are influenza so far, but a sick baby is a pathetic, sad thing!

This week, before BJ came down with the fever, I was able to whip out more of my chain blocks.  All that are left are 20 setting triangles, so I feel pretty good about progress.  I’m using a shades pack from Vicki Welsh, so my chains will go light to dark and back again.  This took a bit of planning for the sides, but I think I’ve got it!

My Garden Mosaic blocks remain my leader ender, so the wall is filling up with foursies.  I’m looking forward to choosing a layout once they’re all done.  I have no idea how many I have, so it will be a surprise for all of us!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to visit all the other green projects this weekend!


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So sorry the little one is sick, Katie - hope it doesn't last too long! Glad you had a bit of sewing time. You're making great progress on your chain blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice GREEN progress, Katie! The corner and setting triangle blocks boggle my mind. Sorry to hear the baby is sick. Nothing worse!

Jenny said...

Do hope your baby recovers quickly, poor wee thing. All they want is their Mummy when they are not well.

Mari said...

Your blocks look great! Hope your little one is better soon. Any time there's more than one child, there's always some illness around. Be well.

Julie in GA said...

Your chain blocks look beautiful; can't wait to see them all together!

Kate said...

Glad it's not the flu, but even so it's not fun when the little ones aren't feeling well. Hopefully they are feeling much better today. Beautiful blocks. Looking forward to seeing them up on the design wall.

loulee said...

Lots of green progress.
I do hope baby gets well again soon.

Susie H said...

I hope by now BJ is feeling better. Nothing worse than a sick baby. Your blocks are looking good and, amazingly enough, you're makin good progress in spite of the flu.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...