Sunday, February 16, 2020

Stash Report Week #7 and 15 Minutes a Day

There’s been a stash report change this week!  I finished a table runner and a placemat.  There was another new grand baby born in November, so we have the placemat made for him, and my sister and I collaborated on a table runner for a baby that died between my sister and I.  This way, the entire family is represented at our big family dinners (in the past, I made little table decorations for the baby my sister lost and the one I miscarried four years ago).

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 1 1/4 yards

IN YTD: 1 yard (a gift!)
OUT YTD: 19 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 18 1/4 yards OUT

I also used up a second spool of thread.  Having such nice stash use early in the year is always nice.  It makes me feel ahead of the game, and later this year, when we go on vacation, I can find a quilt shop or two!

On the 15 minutes of hand quilting a day, I am pleased to report another stellar week.  I’ve now quilted 43/46 days.  The quilt is so close to halfway.  I still don’t know what I’ll be stitching in the blank light diamonds, but I’ll be honest that I haven’t contemplated it too hard.  I think I will bind it after I pull it off the frame (I may have mentioned this already) as some of the side seams are wanting to pop.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on the great start on stash management this year and on getting in some hand stitching most days. You've really done well on working in those finishes.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...