Saturday, June 12, 2021

Purple Progress

After last week’s long driving trip (through 5 states one way and 6 on the return, all done in three days), I was happy to be home and in my sewing room.  I haven’t seen my brother and family in two? years, so the new twins being baptized was a happy reason to go visit.   DH and I are fully vaccinated, but I was still in and out of bathrooms and gas stations as fast as I could.  It didn’t help that we saw a man carrying a machete outside one of them!

This week’s quest was only these four Modern Vintage blocks.  I’m afraid my fabric variety was dismal this time, but it’s still all out of the 2.5” scrap box, so it is what it is.  The size of this quilt is currently undetermined, although I think it needs to be at least lap sized.  20 blocks is a decent beginning.
I also spent some time cutting my purple farm blocks.  So far we have initials for my two oldest.
My cork fabrics have decreased enough for this quilt that they now can live in this plastic shoebox.  The backing fabrics don’t, but I am almost out of one of them, so they are getting smaller as well.  At some point I need to decide how to layout this quilt, but as it’s king-sized, I have no doubt that I won’t have enough blocks!
We had a severe thunderstorm last night, so I won’t have to water or weed today.  Maybe I’ll get a few extra hours in the sewing room!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge Weekend!

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Glad that you were able to make progress on two quilts. Traveling is still a bit hit or miss right now, but a vaccine won't help against a strange machete wielding man! So glad that you were able to see your family though, that has been a sad side effect of staying home more.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Modern Vintage blocks look great! I've had a hard time finding pretty purples, too, but using up what you have is good no matter what!

Mari said...

Great that you were able to use up those purples in the Modern Vintage blocks. They look great together, and you're not far from a lap quilt. Traveling is super strange right now, but completely worth it. Seeing family is a gift we seldom appreciated before.

Susie H said...

Sweet Modern Vintage blocks. Glad to hear someone got some rain. Too bad the weeding never ends but at least we get a break now & then. What a wonderful excuse for an excursion. I'll bet you had fun bouncing the babies!

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...