Saturday, July 24, 2021

Progress, Albeit Little

 Another week interrupted.  DH turned another year older this week, and as birthdays and holidays have always been hard for him as a child of divorced parents, we decided to take a trip and just get away from the house (and phone) for a few days.  We traveled down to the Ouachita Mountains to a remote cabin and enjoyed the quiet and interruption to normal life (and no anxiety about COVID for a little while).

Of course, traveling means no machine, so I finished some hexagon stitching and the binding on my green Rick Rack Nines quilt (posted yesterday).

So when we returned home, I finally stitched two more blocks for my farm quilt.  I love my hot chocolate mug, so a mug seemed appropriate, and we have a Great Pyrenees dog named Hope.  Of course, this dog doesn’t have the right shape of face, but there’s a limit to the acrobatics my brain can do right now.


from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. It’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge time.  Fortunately, next week is still the same color, so I can redeem myself on my lack of blocks!

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Creating beautiful memories that will last a lifetime in a positive way. I t is the best way to walk a new path and a wonderful way to live life in the light and enjoy the life you have, leave the past in the past. Your trips sounds like the perfect way to enjoy a birthday and keep it pure and filled with good time filled with Love! Have a fantastic week and your projects looks amazing.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your getaway sounds wonderful! I love your Rickrack quilt - that's a great design. Congratulations on your finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Sounds like a good little getaway. LOVE those new blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Katie!

Mari said...

Happy birthday to your hubby! Any excuse for a vacation is a good one. Have a good week!

Susie H said...

Belated birthday greetings to your hubby! Your RSC blocks are pretty and very appropriate for your life story. Hope this week brings some relaxation for you again.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...