Saturday, October 25, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Checkerboad

Don't worry; I didn't neglect Miss G in order to accomplish the pictured sewing.  The zigzags were sewn before she was born, but I never managed a picture.  I think 11 zigzags will make a nice throw quilt, and if I make a few rows of each color, I should be able to make a few quilts.  These will make nice teacher gifts for next year.  Zigzag quilts seem to be a "thing" for me right now.  I'm not as in love with them as I am with Carrie Nation blocks (I'm not done with those yet!), but I just cut out enough in my purple, red, and black-on-white scraps to make a teacher quilt for this year, and I think I'll be making a giant zigzag quilt for my parents' bed.  They finally repainted their room and purchased new bedroom furniture, so they need a new, slightly larger quilt!  I love it when my family asks for quilts; it's awesome that they appreciate my "hobby."


I have sewn plenty of these 16-patches this week.  They are easy to sew a seam or two while she sleeps or stares at the lights.  My hope is to sew 20 each month and end the year with a splendid collection.  I don't know what I'll do with them, but I have plenty of time.  So far, I love the look of them all smashed together.


Now I'm off for snuggles and nursing.  She's already grown over 1/2 a pound since she was born!


Be sure to check out the last of the brown, black, and grey projects this week that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

scraphappy said...

Oh how I remember those early days of feed sleep feed. She looks so sweet on her quilt. Glad you were able to sew a few seams during the down time.

Vicki W said...

I love the zig zags! Glad she is doing so well! She looks like a very happy baby.

Edith said...

Beautiful baby, beautiful quilt projects. Busy productive mama!

Nell's Quilts said...

She looks so peaceful. Lovely zigzag quilt in the works. The neutral nine patches will make a great quilt.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby! Love the zig zag rows and the checkered blocks.

LA Paylor said...

the checks look good! LeeAnna

make.share.give said...

I'm loving the zigzags right now, too. That is one precious baby. Get all the snuggles you can.

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing another pic of that sweet Miss G. I like the 16 patches. They look rather vintage.

Kate said...

I really like your zigzag project. One of those needs to go on my bucket list. The checkered blocks are fun too.

Enjoy your snuggle time. DT got her driver's permit last Thursday. Life will never be the same here! They do grow up so fast.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...