Wednesday, October 29, 2014

November Goals

October goals actually went very well.  Some of the scraps goals, while they took a while to prep, were a breeze to stitch up.

1.  I managed to clean up all the scraps I discovered hiding in plastic bags.  Some were tedious, as there were plenty of curves and funny angles from making dresses, etc., for Easter and the wedding.

2.  Tell it to the Stars was made into a flimsy needing borders last month, so I had a month off!

3.  Scraps, lots and lots of scraps!
- the row quilt is a flimsy and even basted for quilting!
- the Carrie a Nation quilt is complete
- the sampler is complete
- both the binding remnant triangles as well as 2" triangles for my Omigosh-ish quilt were stitched up
- pieces for five rows of a zig zag quilt were sewn up
- my 1.5" scraps were sewn into 43 - 16-patches.  While I have plenty more 1.5" scraps, I was able to use up all my squares and short strips.

4. ABC quilt: I made it to top stage! 

Now to tackle November:

1.  Tell it to the Stars: borders

2. ABC quilt: finished

3. Ribbon weave quilt: finished.  This is a quilt kit I cut before we moved (2 1/2 years ago!) and never worked in.  It's all scraps and will make a lovely little baby quilt.

4.  The row quilt: finished

5. Scraps:
- triangles
- zig zag rows
- 1.5" 16-patches

6. Finish a dress for Miss G

If those get done (yes, there are lots of quilt finishes), I'd also like to make a decorated towel for Bear Cub Q and a placemat for Miss G.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow all of that and a new baby too? You most have incredible time management skills!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...