Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crazy Anne's Log Cabin


When I was a senior in college, I gathered a group of girls to teach them how to quilt. My roommate decided to make a log cabin quilt and started that year. Now, these "several" years later, she sent me a box with complete blocks, partial blocks, and strips. Wowee! What I didn't know about fabric when I helped her start this!

After making accommodations for her not-quite-1/4" seam allowances, I used her fabric to create this log cabin "sampler," named Crazy Anne's Log Cabin quilt. It's 6' x 6' and completed this spring when I was scrambling to complete unfinished projects. To make the back, I used leftover fabric she had sent me as well as a variety of florals that I thought worked. It was an interesting experiment.

1 comment:

bingo~bonnie said...

it's always fun to take a look back and see how far we've come. ;)

thanks for sharing! It is posts like this that let us get to know a person. :)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...