Monday, September 3, 2012

Handwork in Progress

I've finished my two small quilts that were most urgently needed, so now I'm going to focus on the Screamer's big girl quilt, a modified 9-patch that I bought fabric for years ago, on a shop hop.  She requested roses for the quilting, and that is NOT a quick thing when hand-quilting.
The whole quilt back.
Where you can see the safety pins at the top is
what I have left to quilt.

Close up of my current position.
Family members and friends have been signing the back of the quilt
as an extra-special backing!

When my morning sickness kicked in at about 7 weeks, it was hard for me to sit with the layers of quilt on my lap, and then packing to move relegated this quilt to a box.  Now that we're unpacked, the morning sickness is easing a little (finally, at 21 weeks), and at least some days are less than 100, I've decided Bonnie's challenge of an hour a day of handwork is just what I need to get this quilt done by Christmas.

These pictures are of the back of the quilt, as the front is too busy for me to see the quilting lines.  I've passed the halfway point, so I'm on the home stretch.  Now to get it done!

I don't know if this will be my handwork every day, as I run a small business crocheting hats, and business must come first sometimes!

I don't have any pictures of where I quilt because, well, I quilt wherever the kids are... In the living room at night, in the play room/sewing room when possible, outside if it's lovely and cool.

Now to go stitch!  (See who else is up for the challenge here!)

From the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Reenie said...

Whoa...that is some pretty intense quilting!! Great job on it!!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...