Monday, September 3, 2012

Dyeing Part II

The colors definitely stayed deeper this time, but my washer is a lovely color of pink even after several rounds of bleach.

I love the yarn, but do wish I could find a way to keep the white part white.  I want the stark contrast.  This lovely mix reminds me of raspberry sherbet, and when I wind the other skeins into balls, I’ll have a good selection of wine red-pink to create yummy hats.  The yarn is not nearly as pink as the picture makes it out to be; it’s more like the dress.


I’m quite happy with my dress.  It will fit another few months at least, doesn’t squish my pregnant belly, and is interesting to study.  I’m sure some of my friends think I’m nuts for dyeing dresses, but this should hide the dropped-food stains well!


The girls are begging for matching dresses, so I see more dyeing in our near future!  (I've ordered the dresses from Dharma Trading, and love the quality and weight of the fabric.)

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...