Monday, September 10, 2012

One Hour of Needle and Thread


… or progress on the Screamer’s big girl quilt.

Two more roses and their echo quilting, accomplished in at least 5 hours of quilting.  Sunday-Thursday I did great, but Friday pregnancy nausea and exhaustion prevented any quilting.  Saturday, I was out of town and came home to a moving van and inherited furniture (let’s just sum it up with: OH, MY).  Sunday, after returning home from my parents’ house, was taken up by unpacking boxes from the previous day’s moving truck, and by the time the insanity calmed down, I could only think about bed.

It's so hard to see on white, but this is the quarter of the quilt I'm on right now!



Still, considering I haven’t hand quilted in two months, 5 hours and 5 days is pretty good.

I'm down to one more rose on this row, then it's the last row: 7 more roses!  The end is near!

Check out the other hand stitches on Bonnie's blog!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Lynne in Hawaii said...

Great progress. How fun it is to see you are getting really close to finishing! Woo Hoo!

Mayleen said...

Oh, wow, take care of yourself. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Your hand quilting looks wonderful!

Jan said...

Your hand quilting looks beautiful! I know that you will love it when you are finished.

I found you on Bonnie's linky!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...