Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rain, rain, go away...

It's been raining for two days. The girls like to go outside but the Assistant doesn't like to get muddy, so this is challenging! The Screamer is half eaten by mosquitoes, the poor girl. I think the mosquitoes like her even more than they like me, and I didn't think anyone would ever get more bites than me.

We've picked only a few tomatoes so far. I clearly started my seeds much too late this year. Hey, at least I didn't kill all my seedlings like last year! After more than 50 pounds of cucumbers, I think our cukes are finally nearly done. I certainly don't want any more!

Now I just need to figure out how to use 2 1/2 yards of fabric for the rest of the year (without buying any more) to meet my goal. I don't work too fast with two little girls, so I'm not sure how we're going to do this, but I'll try.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Curtains! A bag to carry things in. I used to make these small zippered cosmetic bags for my daughter and her friends--they loved them because you could WASH them! I have a small zippered bag I keep all my computer/camera/cell phone adapter cords in. Oh, I can think of LOTS of things to make out of 2 1/2 yards of fabric. I even made my husband a "man bag" once!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...