Saturday, July 24, 2010

Stash Report Week #30



Progress!

Saturday night I sewed the last stitches in the binding of my Pioneer Braid (pattern inspiration at quiltville.com by Bonnie Hunter). These 8 1/2 yards are a welcome finish, as the scraps used for the top had lingered for too long in my scrap bags. With moving looming in the near future, I was ready to reduce the scrap bags. The backing fabric I had other plans for, but it seemed to fit so well as the backing that I had to give up my other ideas. In addition, I've now completed using my box of uglies that I had intended to use by year's end!

I also received a yard of gorgeous green batik from my best friend after her trip to Minnesota. I don't know what I'll do with it, but I will dream about it!

IN this week: 1 yard
IN YTD: 104 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 8 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 149 yards

YTD Total: 44 1/2 yards OUT

I might still reach 50 yards out before another month passes... I hope to make two bonnets this week and quilt the scrap triangles from my Star Struck (a la Bonnie Hunter). This may be challenged as I have no sewing room still. The dining room remains a crowded disaster, but DH has worked like a trooper to sand, stain, and polyurethane the floors this week. We are also trying to finish painting before we move all the furniture back in. I also need some sleep (lots of it, in fact).

Check out the other stash reports (most of them have better pictures than mine!) at Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...