Friday, June 21, 2013

Scrappy Woven

Jess Kelly of SewCraftyJess posted a lovely "woven" quilt in the Moda Bakeshop called Simply Woven.  After seeing it, I knew I wanted to tackle the quilt, although perhaps not so large as the original directions.


My own spin was made in blues and greens with a white for the background.  All the strips were scraps (even the backing!) as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Finishing at 48" x 72", it should fit comfortably on a child's bed without being too ungainly to make their bed.  Too often, I see my girls wrestle with the excess of their quilt.  Hopefully (since I don't have a recipient in mind yet), this will be the perfect quilt.

I broke into some of my treasured (hoarded?) star fabrics for the backing, which, of course, created more blue scraps.  No wonder they never go away!

I do regret that, in the third cut of this sew-and-slice quilt, I cut the wrong part of the block.  Therefore, I have less "weave" to my "woven" than the original.  It's still lovely, and it's still done!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Katie - this is VERY weird - just yesterday I was checking my stash for jelly rolls and found some in BLUE and GREEN to make the SAME pattern!! Great minds DO think alike - ;))

Kate said...

Very pretty! Great way to use up your scraps.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...