Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mellow Yellow

I didn't finish all my blue spools last month!  The month certainly escaped me, with end of school insanity as well as a family trip.
It's a good thing I have fewer yellow scraps, as the animals and garden keep me outside during my usual sewing time.  I started the sorting with this pile as well as my 2" strips and squares.
I ended the sorting with all the 2.5" cut into squares and bricks for my daughters to make a quilt this summer.  We started yesterday... God give me patience!  I haven't decided what I'll do with the leftovers.  It might become a placemat for my niece, as her mommy loves yellow!
There are fewer yellow spools to stitch up, so I should have no problem accomplishing that.  My 2" 36-patch is already waiting to be ironed, and my 9s and 6s blocks are kitted up for sewing.

Here's to a cheery month!  (Check out other yellow projects as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013.)

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your spools look great! Can't wait to see what comes out of those yellow scraps and strips.

Deb A said...

Great job doing all the prep work so early. Love your blue spools.

scraphappy said...

Finding time to sew can be tricky with all the busyness that the end of the year brings. Hope you summer settles in soon.

Alzbeta said...

Lettie does need yellow letters for the girls' room ;-). (Someday, but you can save scraps for that!)

Sheila said...

Love those spool blocks!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...