Friday, June 14, 2013

Yellow Submarine

I've finally gotten some sewing time.  I refilled my bobbins last week, never sewed, and now I need them empty to make curtains for a friend-customer.  Ai!  Sew, I've been churning out blocks in an effort to use up at least one bobbin.  Two would be even better!


I'm out of yellow spools, so it's back to blue for me!


Here are all of my 9s and 6s blocks, including orange from a few months ago.  I'm still not sure about the lighter yellows, but maybe once I have enough blocks, I can spread them out a little.


My 2" square block has been done, but I think I forgot to photograph it, so here it is.  I never made a blue one, as I am waiting to see what 2" squares are left after I work on the Irish Chain quilt.  As that won't be happening any time soon, the blue block will just have to wait!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love all the yellow blocks you've got going. Very pretty.

Edith said...

So cheery and bright are all your yellow blocks.

scraphappy said...

Lovely yellow collection. Though they might seem too bright all together, when they are mixed with other blocks, they will shine.

Sheila said...

I agree with Angela. Last year my light blocks made all the colors in my rainbow quilts pop.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...