Friday, March 30, 2012

Vest!

Four Easter garments down, one to go!

This week I finished my husband-sized vest.  It is dramatically better than last year's (it's not two-sizes too big.  What I don't know about men's garment construction is... nearly everything!)  Already done are a Bear Cub Q-sized vest, a Screamer dress, and a me-skirt.  Left?  The darling Assistant's dress.

The colors are, probably to many, very dark for an Easter dress.  Here's the deal, though... I can't do floral because I can't as DH to wear that, and I don't wear many floral prints.  Pastels are equally hard for the men, and most prints have flowers.  Dark?  Dark is easy, and it doesn't show the dirt the Screamer will have all over her dress when she wears it straight out of the laundry basket over and over and over... spring, summer, fall, and winter.  Yep, that girl likes her dresses!


I have a week to sew up the last dress, but since I cut it last night, I should be safe... As long as the creepy creeping crud that has taken over Screamer doesn't take me over too.  Maybe I should go sew before it does!

I also completed the blocks for a quilt I need to present May 5.  There's lots of sashing yet to follow, but the blocks are done.  I had a helper laying them out.  He's got a good eye for an almost-two-year old.  Now if I could just teach him not to step on the blocks!

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

the vest looks wonderful! i'm impressed that you tackle men's clothing construction. i'm not that brave!

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Alzbeta said...

wow! The vest looks great! I love the brown you are using this year, it feel so warm to me!

Henrietta said...

Learning to recognize patterns and organize sequences is a wonderful mental exercise for children and infinitely less stifling than coloring between the lines. I am very impressed.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...