Saturday, April 5, 2014

Purple, purple, purple

Purple is my future SiL's favorite color, so there's a purple apron wrapped up and ready for her shower today!  Yay!

I managed to cut a 4" strip from all my purples and reduced a small pile entirely to scraps, as they were much smaller than a fat quarter and weren't doing me any good in their current state.  Now I have plenty of lovely purples to use for the month!

I also cut out all the pieces for my Carrie Nation blocks and 6 (I think) sampler blocks.  Once I finish the crunch time involved in Easter clothes sewing (half done!), I will be able to whip out some lovely purple creations.  This week, I only managed two sampler blocks.

In the meantime, it's Bear Cub Q's birthday tomorrow, and he requested a rainbow cake.  I'm not sure he knows what he wants, so this will make him happy!

Off to frost!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Check out other Purple Wonders in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

13 comments:

Jo said...

Cool cakes. They look fun

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

A purple apron will be great for your future SIL and I love that cake!!

make.share.give said...

Please share pictures of the finished cake. Looks yummy!

scraphappy said...

So glad you have purples to use. What a fun cake!

Marly said...

Nice blocks, and a fun cake for a small child.

Karen said...

Interesting cake. I am sure he will love it.

Sheila said...

Fun Cake for the birthday boy.
Love your purple fabrics. This is going to be a good month.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Fun cake!!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Creative baking. I don't know what I would have done with that request. I think it would have some interesting frosting but this looks like so much more fun. You certainly take time to make everyone feel special.

Nell's Quilts said...

Creative baking. I don't know what I would have done with that request. I think it would have some interesting frosting but this looks like so much more fun. You certainly take time to make everyone feel special.

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

I bet the rainbow cake was a hit! :)

Kate said...

The rainbow cake looks cool. Hope you can find some time to play with all your purple scraps.

Deb A said...

Happy late birthday to Q! The cake looks really neat.
Love your purple fabrics... smart to have them all cut up and ready to use.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...