Friday, April 25, 2014

Scrappy Strips

I finished my purple blocks, and here they are chillin' with the other two rows.  I need 10 rows for this quilt for my son, to fit in his new full size bed, and still need to decide what should go in between as sashing of sorts.

I love how these blocks all come from scraps, so they fit in with Judy's monthly challenge, and so far they've been easy to construct from one color, so they also fit into the lovely Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely! It's so good to come to the last Saturday post of the month and feel a sense of accomplishment.

Deb A said...

Great combo of the two challenges. You are making one very neat little quilt. Your purple row is gorgeous.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have never done a row quilt, I like the way yours look. A great idea!

scraphappy said...

It is always fun to combing challenges to make them your own. Pretty collection of blocks so far.

scraphappy said...

It is always fun to combing challenges to make them your own. Pretty collection of blocks so far.

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

This is going to be cool quilt!

Angie said...

All great blocks - can't wait to see the next row!

Julie in GA said...

Your scrappy rows are looking terrific! Great way to combine the two challenges.

Cathy Tomm said...

lovely row of blocks.

Audrey said...

I like what you are doing with the Scrappy Challenge blocks!

Kate said...

Your blocks look great together. What a great way to make one project work for several challenges. Way to multi-task!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...